Ook leverbaar: Neo 280D DSD MiND = DSD converter incl MiND streaming module (24/192) .
A high performance fully asynchronous DSD256 / 32-bit DAC with versatility, including Bluetooth aptX and our optional MiND module! Availability: March 2015.
Imagine a world of music right at your fingertips. The Neo 280D makes this a reality. Simply launch your favorite music services app on your smart device and pair it to the Neo 280D using Bluetooth technology. Then sit back and enjoy the music.
The extraordinary digital engine within the Neo 280D decodes native DSD up to DSD256, as well as PCM up to 32-bit/384kHz, including DXD. The fully balanced analog stage features an exceptional 3rd order filter for lifelike transparency. The result is a level of fidelity that creates an emotional connection to your music.
Adding the optional MiND module provides convenience and a full graphic interface, allowing you to effortlessly access your digital music library with power and flexibility. Which ever way you use the Neo 280D, we are convinced that it will become the center of your musical pleasure.
Of course, key features you’d expect in a MOON Neo Series product are present such as SimLink™, RS-232 and IR ports for custom-install environments.
- Fully asynchronous DAC supports DSD up to DSD256 (USB only) and PCM from 44.1kHz to 384kHz (32-bit on USB only)
- Eight (8) digital inputs (AES/EBU x 1, S/PDIF x 2, TosLink x 2, USB x 1, Bluetooth and Ethernet or WiFi for MiND) allowing for a connection to virtually any digital source.
- Optional MiND (MOON intelligent Network Device) module (the 8th input) via WiFi or Ethernet input for multi-room streaming
- USB input with galvanic isolation which eleminates all ground current (i.e. no electrical connection) between the USB device (computer, music server, etc.) and the 280D, preserving the accuracy of the audio signal
- The entire analog stage is a fully balanced differential circuit for increased dynamic range and headroom,higher resolution, as well as improved signal-to-noise ratio
- Advanced analog signal path using an exceptional DC servo circuit and proprietary 18dB/octave analog filter
-RS-232 port for (i) full unsolicited bidirectional feedback and (ii) firmware updates
- IR input for external control
-SimLink™ controller port for 2-way communications with other compatible MOON components
- 4-Layer printed circuit boards with pure copper tracings for a much shorter signal path; This results in greater sonic accuracy and a dramatically improved signal-to-noise ratio
- Rigid chassis construction to minimize the effects of external vibrations
- Optimized selection of very high quality electronic components in a symmetrical circuit design
Includes CRM-2 remote control.
Differences Between Neo 380D DSD and Neo 280D DSD
Many of you have been asking us about the differences between the Neo 380D DSD DAC and the Neo 280D DAC, which is less than half the price. Here are the answers to all your questions!
The two DACs share much in terms of technology and both can decode exactly the same formats. In terms of features, the Neo 380D DSD has:
1 - More inputs;
2 - A network player (MiND) built-in;
3 - Optional variable outputs so it can be even used as a digital only preamplifier;
4 - A frontpanel LED display to show volume setting, input and resolution.
5 - On the other hand, the Neo 280D supports Bluetooth aptx, which the more expensive Neo
380D does not.
The Neo 280D is a trickle down of the Neo 380D DSD, using a simpler power supply and a less elaborate analog output stage, so in terms of sonic refinement, you will notice the superiority of the Neo 380D DSD. Is the Neo 380D DSD worth the extra money? Absolutely. Is the Neo 280D a
great value? It is an extraordinary value.
The Neo 280D can be ordered with the MiND option built-in, which adds only €550 to the retail price. On the Neo 380D, the MiND option is now standard. There is no variable output option for the Neo 280D. Bluetooth aptx is standard on the Neo 280D.
- Frequency response (full range): 2Hz - 100kHz +0/-3dB
- THD @ 1kHz, 0dBFS (A-weighted): < 0.005%
- Intermodulation distortion: < 0.005%
- Dynamic Range: > 120dB
- Signal-to-noise Ratio: > 120dB @ full output
- Channel Separation: > 110dB
- Intrinsic Jitter: 10 picosecond RMS
- Bit-depth range: 6 - 32 bits
- Sampling rate frequency range: 44.1 - 384kHz
- Analog output impedance: 100Ω
- Shipping weight: 14 lbs / 6.3 Kgs
- Dimensions (width x height x depth): 42.9 x 8.9 x 33.3 cm.